Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Texture Tuesday....Floral Beauty...

The Theme for this week's Texture Tuesday is 
flowers.


I took this photo of a Gomphrena 'Fireworks' bloom,
and turned it into something calmer.

I used two layers of Kim's 'Oh My' texture...one @ softlight & one @ screen.
Then a layer of her 'Luminous' @ multiply.

I masked the textures off the flower, and then desaturated it all.  Then, I added a frame from Photoscape.

I think I like it.


I don't seem to have saved the original.  But, here's another picture of the same plant.
See the 'Fireworks'?



Be sure to go over to Kim's and see some nice texture work.



kimklassencafe


Thanks for dropping by...
~~Linda~~

9 comments:

  1. What wonderful processing. I love the softness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen that type of flower, but I really like it! I also really like the softness your processing gave to it. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful, doesn't even look like the same kind of blower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beauty....you turned into a piece of art. Love the process.

    ReplyDelete
  5. really lovely, isn't it amazing how adding a little texture and playing around with saturation does to a photo...wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...this is just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, everybody.
    I love playing around with textures and techniques. It's like painting, without the mess.
    It is amazing what you can do to a photo.

    ReplyDelete