Thursday, September 22, 2011

Sailing Away from Costa Rica....

We took a cruise last spring, down to the Panama Canal. 
On the way back, the ship stopped in Costa Rica.
It's a beautiful place.
Storms were forming, over the mountains, as we sailed away at sunset.

Created with:
My Image
Kim Klassen texture, Thursday
Pixel Dust texture, Silent Memory
Pixel Dust texture, Blue Me Away
I flattened these layers before I wrote down the recipe....drats!
Framed it up with a vintage frame from Coffeeshop.  I used the black & white conversion and the vintage texture layers.

Here's the original..

I'm joining Bonnie, over at Pixel Dust Studio, for Photo Art Friday.
Click on the button below to see some more photo art.
Have a good weekend.



Photo Art Friday

18 comments:

  1. cool use of editing! Downright awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Edit. I love the "Vintage" feel.
    Nice to see the Original shot as well, which is very peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastic photo... love the calmness and the framing as an old photo is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful, peaceful image - love the aged effects

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you did to the photo. Your treatment of the photo took it from ordinary to extraordinary. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing! What a vintage look you have given your photograph! I love it.

    I often get so involved with my processing that I don't even name my layers ... bad habit when I want to share the steps ... I'm consoled hearing I'm not the only one.

    Thank you for the link and for sharing your fine work on Photo Art Friday, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the vintage look you've given this lovely photo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the old time feel to this. Seen On Photo Art Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your vintage texture, great job with it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Incredible vintage look... love it

    Thank you so much for the info about the butterflies... I always wondered what they were doing =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What beautiful work! it's quite a transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ha! I did smile when you put about flattening too soon, I do that too sometimes..;)

    The effects are amazing and the frame works perfectly, you've done an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful photo. love the edits, especially the vintage frame!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful artwork.

    Regards and best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your treatment of a rather typical holiday shot turns it into something really interesting that toys with one's concept of time. Inspired.

    ReplyDelete